Hard bounced emails (no email address exists) are automatically opted out of you are using the Email Forwarder module.
The best way to manually opt out emails is to extract all your bounced email addresses into a .CSV file and opt them out in out upload by importing the file into Perform Zone.
The best way is to extract all your bounced email addresses into a .CSV file and opt them out in out upload by importing the file into Perform Zone.
- Use a rule to move all your bounced emails into a folder in your email software (outlook, mac mail etc.)
An example rule could be
Move all emails with subject line containing “undeliverable” to the “Bounced” folder
“Bounced” folder is one that you’ll need to create under your email inbox folder.
- Extract all the email address for emails in that folder to a CSV file.
There are free “email address extractor” programs available on the internet to do this. Recent versions of Outlook have tools built in to do this also.
- Create an additional column in the CSV file with header labelled “Opted in”.
Next to each email address enter “No” in the opted in column.
- Select Candidates from under the CANDIDATES folder in the left hand menu within Perform Zone.
- Press IMPORT found under the ACTION button.
Upload your CSV file (MUST be a .CSV not an .xls file).
Ensure that the tick box next to email is ticked in Use for Match column.
Assign the Opted in Column to Opt In.
Chose the Import Method “Ignore new, update matched”.
Press BEGIN IMPORT
- Select Contacts from under the EMPLOYERS folder in the left hand menu within Perform Zone.
- Repeat step 5 above.